Flight Sub Lt Alex Ackworth - RNAS 4 - Coudekerque - 8 July 1916 (Mission 14)

This morning is sad looking and rainy, but the brass decides to get everyone out. We send 6 Strutters on a reco mission over enemy ground units south east of Ypres. Like if that's not enough to take care of ourselves, they add four Nieuports from RNAS 1 to look after us.

We get to our recon zone and do our job when four Fokker EIIIs feel bold enough to come our way from under us and the fight starts. I quickly calculate this is going to be fourteen planes in a dogfight, so I stay above by fear of collisions. After a few minutes, two of the Fokkers are down and the two other running home.
By that time everyone is spread out so we don't take time to form up and we all go to the good side. The weather is getting worse so some of us decide to land at La Gorgue and wait for the weather to clear up a bit before flying back to Coudekerque. (*)

We will learn later that Whealdon and Davies have shot down one of the Fokkers and sadly that Wickham and Foss will never come back again, after a collision with the second.

(*) and also because the historical Germany-Brazil game was starting 15 mns later... yep

Last edited by corsaire31; 07/08/14 11:47 PM.

Gigabyte Z87P-D3 - CPU I5 4670 Haswell @ 3.6Ghz - 8 Go Ram - GPU HD 7850 2Go OC - SSD Samsung 128Go - HD 2 x WD Black 1 To - 27" Iiyama Pro Lite - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - Saitek Pro Flight Yoke - Rudder Pedals - Quadrant - Cessna Trim Wheel - Track IR 5 - Logitech G35 headset ... and a big coffee maker !
Flying in FSX/Air Hauler, Wings over Flanders Fields, Rise of Flight, IL2 1946 Hsfx, Condor soaring.