Originally Posted By: Maeran
Originally Posted By: Robert_Wiggins

You said "On bombing missions I identified the rail line that the yard sits on and planned my approach on that. Your flight will drop bombs when you do."

How do you idenfify the rail line? There is not enough info in pre-flight screen to do this and sometimes the junction is not easy to identify on Lou's map when there are multiple rail lines in the area with junctions.

If you zoom in on the debrief screen map and compare it to Lou's map (I originally used the version without infantry positions etc) you would have to be unlucky to not be able to discern which railyard you are looking for. Here's an example from early in Algernon's career, showing how I planned my attack.

As it is, I actually veered too far north and became lost. I realised this when I saw the town of Lens coming up ahead. Looking at the map I quickly found the rail line that curved back south and used that to guide me in.

From my edit of your map, would it not have been possible to pick the wrong target as shown by the blue circle on the image below? The debrief screen map is not scaled well enough to precisely determine location and these two yards are relatively close together.

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 07/27/14 05:51 PM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4