Originally Posted By: Maeran
There are other clues. I was instructed to bomb the railyard at Athies Junction. Neither yard is very close to Athiers, but one is clearly closer than the other.

This is the briefing map zoomed to maximum on the same area. You can compare the roads, but the lines are not visible. I believe you would have to be very unlucky not to get the right one. Most yards are further apart than these two. The junctions have geographical place names and you can get a pretty good fix on them before you get into the air.

Yes you make some good points there, but it does take some time to work all this out. I must admit that if the briefing screen's reference to those criptic zones could be more specific to the map it would make life easier.
criptic zone notation:

This is a little OT for this thread so I will end my discussion here. We could probably go on quite a bit about the use of paper maps and the techniques to use and it would be a worthwhile topic but maybe another thread would be the place. Thanks for the dialogue it has been instructional and I see your points. The time spent pre-planning the map route is probably more than I can spare as I spend considerable time on the flights and the vids already.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4