Congrats on getting those EKs, guys! You're in good company - only about 5.2 million people will receive the EK II. smile

I flew one mission today. It was a recon job close to our lines, so I thought we just might be able to pull it off without trouble. I was wrong. As we reached the area, our flight of three Aviatiks was attacked by a lone British Nupe 11. Fed up with these constant attacks, I decided to fight to the last man and bullet. The Nupe was stupid enough to fly in the crossfire of three observers, and after taking several hits it was seen spinning down out of control, but not before seriously damaging one of our Aviatiks, which had broke off, leaving a thick trail of smoke behind.

After the mission was over, we could see that the Nupe had indeed been destroyed. Unfortunately the damaged Aviatik didn't make it and both pilot and observer died in the crash. The kill was credited to my wingman.

Once again I'm grounded, this time until July 14, as we wait for new men and machines.

"Upon my word I've had as much excitement on a car as in the air, especially since the R.F.C. have had women drivers."

James McCudden, Five Years in the Royal Flying Corps