The continuing career of Albert "Mushroom" Ward:

22 Jul 1916 @ 15h32 Recon enemy Vehicle and troop movement on the lines near Armentieres. We had two Nieuport 11 “Bebe” for excort from RNAS-1 out of Furnes.

Booker lead the flight with Parsons, Hervey, Myself, Huskisson and Chadwick accompanying. Wind was 8 kn SSW with dense cululous between 3000 and 4000’.
Our trip to the target area was uneventful but upon our first circle of the target area we encountered two EIII’s curious about our activities. They passed overhead at about 1000’ and left. Upon our third circle three more EIII’s arrived to investigate us but they also circled and left. On our return home about 5 miles on our side of the lines we again encountered two EIII’s well above us at 12 O’clock passing in the opposite direction heading for the lines. They also left us alone. The recon was successful and we returned to base unmolested. Upon arrival at base the C.O. called me into his office to inform me I was being presented with the DSO. The boys will undoubtedly be celebrating with me tonight once they hear about it. There will be some sore heads in the morning.

YouTube Video: Corsaire; this one I landed by myself biggrin

Last edited by Robert_Wiggins; 07/25/14 02:08 AM.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4