Originally Posted By: JimAttrill
I must report that Anthony Argrave, famous Sopwith 1½ Strutter pilot had met his end. Landing at Bertangles West he didn't see the fence coming. Although he went through the fence ok, WOFF insists he is dead. He had 30 hours in 34 sorties. I think something should be done about these fences cuss

I also noticed while flying the strutter that it is tail heavy which is good for getting above your wingmates, but also that application of rudder only put on some bank as well. Is this correct for the aircraft?

Here is my new pilot ready to go! (and I have moved the date to 7 August 1916)

Jim;

Those fences are deadly so I always recommend circling any prospective landing point at low level in order to detect where they are before landing. Of course this assumes you have time to do so and are not making a dead stick landing.

I find the Strutter fairly docile for landing. I can use rudder only for a slow flat turn without banking. Is this what you are trying to achieve? It sounds like you are getting banking when you don't want it. I also find this capability useful as I can go into a nose down 45 degree flat spin and decend quickly without exceeding my air speed limitations. You will see that I have done that in some of my vids just before landing at my home field.

(System_Specs)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
PSU: Ultra X3,1000-Watt
MB: Asus Maximus VI Extreme
Mem: Corsair Vengeance (2x 8GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, Unbuffered
CPU: Intel i7-4770K, OC to 4.427Ghz
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 240M Liquid CPU Cooler
Vid Card: ASUS GTX 980Ti STRIX 6GB
OS and Games on separate: Samsung 840 Series 250GB SSD
Monitor: Primary ASUS PG27AQ 4k; Secondary Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L
Periphs: MS Sidewinder FFB2 Pro, TrackIR 4