Flight Lt Alex Ackworth - RNAS 4 - Coudekerque - 11 Aug 1916 (Mission 33)

While we were enjoying the weekend, our ground crews have received and prepared two new Strutters, so all of our six planes take off together this afternoon for an artillery spotting mission near Lens.

Weather is cloudy with a 3/5 cover, so not the best for this kind of job. We get over the target at 10.000 ft, make a couple of turns and head home. Shortly after being back in our lines, our leader decides to go down towards two little specks near the clouds under us. They turn out to be Fokkers on the way back home and we fall down on them. While I observe the fight to avoid collision with friendlies, I am bounced by a third one, a green Fokker coming out of the clouds. I take a few hits before disengaging and soon one of my flight mates comes for help.

Unfortunately the few hits made holes in the fuel tanks (which are between John and me, so we're lucky we've not been hit) and my engine stops. I try to glide down to Hesdigneul, but when I see I will be a little short, I prefer landing on a road near a church.

The ground crews from Hesdigneul will pick up and repair the plane, while John and I take a ride to Coudekerque with a car.

My flight got the three Fokkers, but we lost two planes again, and two others are reported missing. Not enough planes to fly tomorrow !

Last edited by corsaire31; 08/12/14 07:58 PM.

Gigabyte Z87P-D3 - CPU I5 4670 Haswell @ 3.6Ghz - 8 Go Ram - GPU HD 7850 2Go OC - SSD Samsung 128Go - HD 2 x WD Black 1 To - 27" Iiyama Pro Lite - Logitech Extreme 3D Pro - Saitek Pro Flight Yoke - Rudder Pedals - Quadrant - Cessna Trim Wheel - Track IR 5 - Logitech G35 headset ... and a big coffee maker !
Flying in FSX/Air Hauler, Wings over Flanders Fields, Rise of Flight, IL2 1946 Hsfx, Condor soaring.