Fullofit - One can only hope! As for Maria, no such luck. But then Baptiste has bigger concerns on his mind than nurses at this point. I suppose those strutters may as well be winning the war right now! Exactly what I mean. Must be some unhappy airman or maybe even an unhappy Yank hexing our poor Klaus! No other explanation for this.
Even now, only two out of five and then a rejected SPAD. How is that even fair... or possible! Must be a curse, I tell you!
So deeply unfortunate honestly, these rejections. At least the bad weather actionless patrols and sitting on the ground isn't as deeply disappointing.

Tross - No place for heroics when others lives are at stake, eh?
Well, the bad weather gives some time to spend well and write a lovely little letter to Olivia. Hopefully the visit to the 41 Squadron works out, assuming the weather permits. Hopefully there haven't been any losses there either

Carrick - A transfer oughta be less nice when getting shot up like that. Good job with the Rumpler though. Poor Cecil is getting shot up as of late it seems.

Sergent Baptiste Cyrille Leanders
Escadrille SPA23
Field hospital, Verdun
5th August, 1918

2 confirmed, 1 pending

And so my final day in this place is coming to an end. I spent most of it in bidding farewell to the rest of the soldierly that kept me some company during my stay. I can only hope that these men, especially of the ground troop variety, will have pleasant and safe lives for themselves and live to see this war end. Something deeper yet inside of me is telling me that this may not be the case. Despite Maria being busy I've managed to catch her briefly and bid her farewell too. I offered that I may write to her if an opportunity arises, and that we may see each other again sometime. This too I'm not certain of. Pleasant amd interesting as she is, I only met her due to my wounding, and if this is a trend I'd much rather have never met her to begin with. I suppose I can only see what happens with time, for what it's worth it's not like I'm the only wounded man desperate for her attention. My orders are to report back to the Escadrille tomorrow morning and return to duty. The Escadrille should have recovered by now, I would hope. I'd much prefer to not wind up in another hospital or grave right after my release.

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
I bet you do, too, Buddy."