I have to post the next day mission now to go with Lou's story. Welcome to the 1.5 winger club.

2 September, 1916 05:20 morning mission
Luxeuil, Alsace Sector
3 Wing RNAS
FC Tobias Chester Mulberry
11 confirmed kills
Awaiting 1 claim confirmation

The long flight to east of Belfort for some arty spotting was a miserable one. The rain pelted his plane, him and everything in between. Visibility was poor but Toby could still make out the Holzweiher Lake to starboard. He was glad he kept his speed down so that Edwards in ‘A’ flight could keep up. Two silhouettes appeared ahead and above. Fokkers! The two British aviators decided to divide and conquer. Toby took care of one, forcing him down while trailing smoke, while Edwards disappeared with the other Fokker in the muck. After Mulberry made sure his Eindecker crash-landed properly and not faked it, he started looking for his flight mate. Edwards was nowhere to be found so Toby decided to return across the lines.

YouTube Link 1

That’s when he noticed another Fokker. The Eindecker was already engaging and Mulberry was up for another sparring match. He turned into the Hun and realized that he fell into a trap instead. The Hun brought friends to the party. Not fair! He had an entire Kette above his head and he did the only sensible thing. He ran! Toby dove to pick up speed and get some distance. When he saw there was only one Hun left behind following him, he turned around and faced his foe. The Eindecker was already firing, but missed. Mulberry fired back, but didn’t think he hit him either. He got on his tail and peppered him to taste. Toby came closer, too close. Suddenly the Hun’s and his wings connected. The monoplane crashed into the woods near the lake and Mulberry nursed his Strutter to an open field and landed as gently as possible. It was another lesson for the British pilot. Don’t get too familiar with the enemy.

YouTube Link 2

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1916-09-02 AM.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."