Raine, congrats on the well deserved gong! Mac is going places.

Carrick, thanks!
That was a peculiar accident with the wingover. Good thing he didn’t collect Thorpe on the way down.

Lou, looks like Freddy isn’t such a fool when it comes to women. How does the saying go? The way to woman’s heart is through her stomach. Good call on that lunch. Hopefully they’ll be able to find a bistro so that Abbott can eat standing up. Great stuff. Hopefully Lizzie can seal the deal in the evening. Poor Freddy, doesn’t even know what awaits.
As to the German HQ holding grudges, just you wait till ‘40. Compiegne Forest, certain railroad dining car ...

19 December, 1917 08:45
Saint-Loup-en-Champagne, Marne Sector
Jasta 19
Oberleutnant Zygmunt Dolf Hahn EK2 EK1 HHO PLM AO RA
101 confirmed kills

The SPAD from yesterday and one from the day before have been confirmed. Ziggy has reached the one-hundred victories mark and surpassed it. The milestone was also marked by a promotion. He was now Oberleutnant again.
This morning the orders came in via the telephone. Jasta 19 was instructed to intercept enemy planes heading for the factories at Sissone. They scrambled their planes immediately and were on their way searching for hostile machines. It didn’t take long before they spotted the enemy. The two dots hung ominously high above the two Schwärme. Ziggy had seen this type before. Very tough, very well armed, very difficult to take out. The two Breguets had seen them and were now diving on them as if they were scouts. Hahn sensed he’d been singled out by one of them and was now targeting him. Meanwhile, Schwarm Eins engaged the other two-seater. The wild maneuvering began and it was anybody’s guess what will happen next. What has become certain was the fact that the rear gunner had him in his sights and Zygmunt could see tracers flying by towards him. He kept low and only popped up to fire a few rounds, then dove back down. This continued until more of Hahn’s mates converged on the bomber and distracted the rear gunner. After that it was just a matter of time before the wolves ripped that sheep apart. The Breguet was flying lower and lower over the city and in the end Zygmunt’s last volley brought the bomber down. It landed on the outskirts and rolled to a stop in front of some tree trunks cut down by the artillery shells. Hahn could see soldiers surrounding the machine and preventing the crew from burning their machine. They’ve captured one of the new enemy bombers intact. Someone at HQ will be extremely pleased.

YouTube Link

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."