Raine, another Zep to be crossed off in red ink off Kriegsmarine’s books. An exciting tale and some terrifying pictures to prove it. Looking forward to the reunion with Swany!

Lou, Swany is sure to miss 70 Sqn. but new adventures are already awaiting him elsewhere.
“Getting thirsty” - is Captain Swanson picking up a vice? Especially now when VC appears to be opening doors, wallets and perhaps a few corsets. Way to go and take advantage. I salute you, Sir!

Harry, tough break for Lazlo. All these mounting losses may bring down our favourite Croat. Hopefully his usual jolly demeanour will soon return.
Congrats on that Strutter (shudder). Aaand the medal. Aaand promotion. Aaand a new shiny plan. BTW, “Red” is also already taken. wink

Carrick, I wouldn’t mind myself get into Fifi’s shape.

28 September, 1916 15:20 afternoon mission
Luxeuil, Alsace Sector
3 Wing RNAS
SC Tobias Chester Mulberry
23 confirmed kills

The claim for the last Hun shot down near St. Dié has been confirmed.

Toby was on his own. It would be a walk in the park - patrolling over friendly aerodrome of Corcieux. What could happen? Weather was great and Mulberry brought his bird up to 10,000 ft. He was nearing the assigned aerodrome when he noticed Archie ahead. He stretched his neck to look to the side and saw three Eindeckers bearing on him. Oh, this will be fun! The trio blew by as Toby took potshots at them. One continued straight on, the other two banked to engage. Mulberry had to remind himself to continue to check his six. He didn’t want to get jumped while concentrating on a Hun in front. Toby fired at anything that came even remotely close to his Vickers’ gunsight. He shot at them in a dive, he shot at them while climbing, he even shot at them up-side-down. He was certain he was chipping at them and soon some will want to leave. He’ll have to let them go if he wants to survive this. One of the Eindeckers swooped from below and hit Toby’s machine. Mulberry was sure he did the same as they passed each other. The British ace continued to disengage and go after another Fokker that was about to surprise him from behind. They were dragging him down, but Toby didn’t mind. The anti-aircraft gunner crews were waiting for them at the aerodrome below. As suddenly as it all started, it ended just as abruptly. There was only one Fokker to deal with and he was now falling with no power. Toby followed him all the way down until the German rammed into the trees below. Toby had enough of excitement for one day. He plotted a direct course to the base and followed it.

YouTube Link

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."