Carrick, is that an aeroplane envy I detect?

Epower, great news about Hadrill. That should raise Oliver’s spirits.
Well, well! The black 5 is back. I have a feeling Oliver will not have the hart to shoot him down if it ever comes down to this.
Congrats on the two confirmed that Oliver did have the hart to shoot down. Great catch up!

MFair, we’re waiting with anticipation for Badger’s return to duty.

Lederhosen, that was a desperate fight and a desperate maneuver for a desperate situation. Hopefully they can save Willi’s leg.

16 July, 1917 04:45 morning mission
Ghistelles, Flanders Sector
Jasta 17
Offizierstellvertreter Zygmunt Dolf Hahn EK2
14 confirmed kills

His new Mercedes engine was purring like a kitten. Ziggy adored that sound, that feeling of power, ready to be unleashed with a simple movement of a handle. It made him feel invincible. All the men alongside him reinforced that feeling. Their Schwarm was not to be trifled with. They were all gaining altitude on their way to intercept enemy craft heading for the Thielt airfield.
Through the gaps in the cloud cover he could now see the aerodrome below. They have arrived and so have the Britishers. Camels! Lots and lots of Camels. Hahn and the rest approached the enemy and everything became one. Ziggy realized his throttle had somehow become stuck in fully open position. It didn’t matter he needed all the power he could get from his new motor. He fired at a Englander following one of his mates, then another. Two of them stuck to his tail. He tangled with them but the plane was clumsy with no throttle control and soon they were on his tail and damaging his Albatros. He decided to bring them closer to the main battle. Perhaps he can lose them in the confusion, maybe even cause them to collide. He was nearly there, firing at another hostile when something hit him with the force of a raging bull. He grabbed his left side in agony. The blood was pouring out of the wound. His glove was soaked in blood. The searing pain was unbearable, but at least his throttle was unstuck. He saw the airfield below and dove. Ziggy looked back to see if anyone was following. He was alone and made a quick landing. He turned the engine off even before the wheels touched the ground. He could feel his plane slow down and then he drifted off.

YouTube Link

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."