MFair, any man who cares about horses as much as you so clearly do is aces in my book. What a wonderful photo. As to the Major and the car, I knew he'd be fine about it. The roads were slippery after all, and there is a war on. What's a dented fender here or there.

Wulfe, “Sorry, chum, I think your claim’s been rejected”. Priceless! Great pic of The Cavendish, by the way, and another stellar episode.

Carrick, Emile is doing the backbone work of the air service with those arty spotting missions.

Fullofit, you are keeping us all on pins and needles. Who is it that is about to find our Gaston? Inquiring minds want to know.
As to Swany being a fatalist, he is not. He believes people make their own choices and pick their own paths in life - the future is not predetermined. He resolves this contradictory belief with his strong Lutheran belief that God is omnipotent and knows everything we ever have done, are doing, or will do, by imagining God existing outside of time. God observes, (but does not control), every moment and every incident of everyone's lives at the exact same instant, always and forever, which is how He is all-knowing. Therefore, we have free will within our understanding of time as we experience it, and God remains all-knowing. At least this is how my fellow has resolved the paradox in his own mind.