Epower, thanks again for the kudos. With that last gong Ziggy is beginning to look like a peacock. And I’m afraid the HQ won’t let him out of die Hundehütte this easily. See comment to Lou earlier.
Glad to see Oliver survive his christening. That must have been some bash. That celebration could have caused a lot of damage in the aftermath judging by the performance of the next morning’s mission.
And that nightmare, got to do something about that. It’ll eat poor Winningstad from the inside. Now add to that the incident with the Pfalz pilot. The nights could get interesting for dear Ollie. Has B-B recognized Winningstad’s imminent condition and is trying to save his top scoring ace from more nightly torments? I bet Clarissa would be glad to see him back, but B-B doesn’t know that.
Some nice shots there in your last report. And those periwinkles again, they do prove to be a worthy foe. Ziggy has taught them well. It’s just too bad Dodds had to pay the price to find that out.
That non-Hisso-Hisso continues to refuse an honest day’s work. What rotten luck! At least the victory confirmations are beginning to roll in. Congrats on the latest!
Hopefully December will be a bit more calm for Oliver and No. 56.
Only 3 weeks to catch up to the rest of us.

Carrick, balloon defence missions are usually quiet. Perfect time for Thorpe to relax.

Wulfe, thanks! Oh no, not you too falling behind. Hoping you’ll have that free time to make good on your promise.
That was some escape! Thank God the SPAD can dive like a brick and leave everything behind. Grey must learn fast if he wishes to stay alive. Who is this German leader that toyed with William so?
Excellent vid! That Hun had some skill.

20 December, 1917
Saint-Loup-en-Champagne, Marne Sector
Jasta 19
Oberleutnant Zygmunt Dolf Hahn EK2 EK1 HHO PLM AO RA
102 confirmed kills

The blustery winds arrived early in the morning and continued throughout the entire day. There were no flights attempted today. The forecast report announced this weather would continue into the next day.
On a more positive note the Breguet captured yesterday has been confirmed.
There was nothing to do at the aerodrome during this time. Zygmunt and some of his mates decided to visit the nearby town of Rethel and find a café with something more tasty than the military rations. The Jasta was not being well supplied lately. It would also serve as an excuse to celebrate Ziggy’s recent promotion and his Roter Adlerorden.
They found an establishment near the city square and took up a table closest to the window. Tybelsky was in charge of ordering for the entire group. Ziggy picked up a newspaper to leaf through while sipping his coffee from a chipped china which quickly was brought to their table. Coffee wasn’t as he remembered. There was nothing new or interesting to read. Glorious victories. Inflation. Food shortages. War bond drives. He looked at a poster plastered to the wall on unusually quickly yellowing paper. General Paul Ludwig Hans Anton von Beneckendorff und von Hindenburg was staring at him from the poster and inviting to buy war bonds. “Times are hard, but victory is certain” read the caption. Zygmunt sneered. The general was now more a politician than a military leader and Hahn did not believe politicians.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files Hindenburg.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."