Wulfe, the problem with the wingmen is that they don't tend to stick around. Their careers are just as much DiD as our own, except they seem to take even less care of their own lives than Voscadeaux does. The RL weather here seems to reflect the one in WoFF. As to the particular Boche that stole Gaston's dicta, I can't say I've seen him gallivanting around in an Eindekker. Not this, nor any other career I've flown. Immelman yes, but not this guy. What's up with that?
Carrick, Time to show the Hun what's what. You go get 'em!

20 April, 1916 05:50 morning mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Lieutenant Gaston A. Voscadeaux
16 confirmed kills

A new man arrived late last night, one Adjutant Albert Delbee. He would be Gaston’s new wingman. He was amused when Delbee found out he would be the wingman to Le Pilote Violet. Secretly Gaston would prefer someone more experienced like Adjutant Boillot, but he also understood someone had to mentor the neophytes and Boillot was already experienced enough. Delbee on the other hand was straight out of flight school. So green that he was the best camouflaged part of the aeroplane.
This morning was the first time Gaston saw his mount since that fateful afternoon. He could see that despite his mechanics’ best efforts the blood stain on the side of the fuselage showed prominently. He was amazed how much the port side of Violette is suffering. First the lower wing, now this fuselage blemish.
The morning patrol to enemy front lines NW of Verdun near Aisne River was uneventful. There was no Boche contact and everyone was back safely home. Perfect first mission for Delbee.

[Linked Image]

20 April, 1916 13:35 afternoon mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Lieutenant Gaston A. Voscadeaux
16 confirmed kills

As the members of his flight formed behind him, Gaston watched the flashes of lightning in the distance. Spring was in full effect and light rains with occasional storms seemed to occur frequently in this area.

[Linked Image]

Voscadeaux led his new wingman, Adj. Delbee, Ltn. Dagonet and Cpl. Garrigou east to attack Bechamps airfield. As soon as they approached Bechamps, two Fokkers welcomed them by attacking from above. Gaston was on the tail of one of them while the rest of the flight took care of the other one. A column of smoke rose from the NML and Gaston wondered if this could be one of his flight mates. He had a strange feeling that he is being stalked. He kept looking back while following his target. There it was, another Fokker neatly sitting on his tail. Voscadeaux reacted quickly and let his current victim go, while at the same time shaking off his pursuer. It was a tough fight and Gaston was nearly out of ammo when finally the Eindekker's prop stopped in place and the Boche was now gliding down. One more pass and he was going down in flames. Gaston noticed Ltn. Dagonet follow and fire at his target. He yelled to get his own, but it was a useless gesture. With little ammo remaining on board, not much damage was done to the aerodrome and he ordered his flight to form up for their journey back home. He was glad that all of them were able to re-form. That earlier column of smoke he saw must have come from some other poor soul.

Attached Files 1916-04-20 AM.jpg1916-04-20 PM.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."