Raine - So for a while it really was 'backs to the wall' after the Germans broke through the Portuguese held line.

At least MacAlister had some time by the sea to recuperate and by the look of it it's done him good, albeit now flying inferior Camels. The squadron did a good job with those two seaters.

Fullofit - With nearly 80 kills and all that flight time, I'd expect Rudi to have the hide of an elephant. Glad to see he made it from all that shelling, shame about the livestock though and the wrecked aircraft. Glad to see the brass have seen for fit to finally move the Jasta away from those guns.

TWK - hope you get the laptop sorted. I've been having preliminary looks at upgrading my own.

NR - Enjoy the time off and smell the fresh smell of clean bedding and (hopefully) clean nurses.

"A great deal of an aeroplane could be holed without affecting its ability to fly. Wings and fuselage could be—and often were—pierced in 50 places, missing the occupants by inches (blissfully unaware of how close it had come until they returned to base). Then the sailmaker would carefully cover each hole with a square inch of Irish linen frayed at the edges and with a brushful of dope make our aircraft 'serviceable' again within an hour."