Tross - Certainly must've been a good feeling for Dean, that's for sure. Same can't be said about getting shot down though. Guess the sunshine doesn't always mean good things, eh. Sadly for Dean he can't do much bribing from a hospital!
Good job with that SE5, hopefully it gets confirmed! Jacob on the way to becoming an ace it seems!

2/LT Dean Andrews Cunningham
№64 Squadron RAF
Field Hospital, Flanders
April 12th, 1918.

Had a terrible dream last night, kept replaying the brawl with that blasted Albatross in my mind. Bullets striking my plane, then me, followed by a spiral of which I couldn't pull out of, ground getting closer and closer yet until finally a crash. Darkness. When I'm finally out of here I'll make sure this won't happen again. Aside from that, between the dreams and the constant bombardments in the distance I didn't get much sleep. Everyone seems just so busy, situation here on the ground must be rather dreadful... Another bad tiding came in the afternoon. A letter over from the 64th, good old Captain Hayden himself saying that he's happy to hear I'm not dead yet and that they're awaiting my return. Also said he regrets to inform me that both of my claims had been rejected; the balloon he says had to be given to Randolph, as it was deemed that he contributed most to its destruction. As for the Alb, everyone was simply too busy dodging bullets to see whatever might've happened to it. The ground troops as far as we know haven't seen much either, so either it slammed behind Hun lines or didn't slam at all.

Absolute bollocks.

Attached Files Hospital.jpg

"Those who survive a long time on the battlefield start to think they're invincible.
I bet you do, too, Buddy."