Lou, you beast! You don't need a coat made of curlies to be a beast. You are one! You are the Scourge of Fokkers. I grovel at your feet. Meanwhile the rest of us barely fends them off, runs away quickly, or never sees them coming. Congrats on another kill and looking forward to that confirmation.
Raine, does the coat hinder the flight characteristics, by introducing much more drag, or weight when it's wet? Imagine that wet dog smell combined with castor oil and exhaust fumes. I hope it all balances out nicely.
Loftyc, good luck with the new pilot. Looking forward to his story developing. Make sure that freshly-mended broken leg acts out from time to time and kicks the rudder from time to time. burnout
Great stories Gentlemen.

27 February , 1916 8:06
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Sergent Gaston A. Voscadeaux

Ils ne passeront pas! - They shall not pass!
(Anybody else wonders where Gandalf got that from?)
New orders: Petain is to command at Verdun. Everyone seems to like him, could it be because of his 39 year old mistress, Eugenie Hardon? I kid you not! You go, Old Dog!

The ‘B’ Flight was ordered to recon above the lines NW of Senard. This was a short hop to the frontlines. Gaston hated long transits.
Once they’ve arrived, they noticed two monoplanes attempting to go after Gaston and Mondeme. They’ve quickly realized they were outnumbered, turned their tails and ran when they saw three more Nieuports looming above them. That was the ‘A’ Flight. Gaston felt as if he himself was equipped with a machine gun, such was the impact of his guardian angels. Otherwise it was an uneventful sortie. Snow seems to be melting away. Perhaps the weather is turning for the better?

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1916-02-27.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."