Raine, your stories always have a closure. Collins is so thoughtful and takes care of all the business. Moon and Camille are just two examples. Jericho had a great friend. Now, to take care of the great friend himself. Fly along a Fokker? In a Parasol? Who's got balls of titanium? I think this may not be such a good idea once the two-gun Fokkers show up. That should be right about … now!

11 July, 1916 04:15 morning mission
Cachy, Flanders Sector
Escadrille N37
Capitaine Gaston A. Voscadeaux
50 confirmed kills

Both Fokkers from yesterday's airfield raid have been confirmed. Gaston now stands at an even fifty. Gaston was back with Violette once again. The wing was still not painted as there were more important matters for the mechanics to attend to. He didn't mind. What's another day?

Boillot saw him first as they were finishing off their patrol west of Bapaume. He signalled to Gaston that there was a Boche following them. Voscadeaux brought his crate around to face the foe. He was being blinded by the brilliant sun. The two advertisers circled each other with Gaston gaining the upper hand and latching onto the Fokker’s tail. He aimed carefully and fired. Good, solid hits on the fuselage and the wings. The Hun dove and Gaston followed. He was on his tail and calmly taking the aim again when all of a sudden shots rang out just behind him. It was Boillot impatient with Voscadeaux’s pussyfooting. The Eindecker shuddered and went into a death spin. There was no coming back from this, but Boillot followed just to make sure. He snatched the victory right from under Gaston’s nose. To be honest, it was Boillot’s kill to begin with. He saw him first.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

11 July, 1916 12:15 afternoon mission
Cachy, Flanders Sector
Escadrille N37
Capitaine Gaston A. Voscadeaux
50 confirmed kills

The second flight of the day was uneventful - line patrol east of Albert. Heavy clouds limited the ability to scan the skies around and the constant ducking in and out of clouds compounded the frustrations. There was nothing to be seen.

Attached Files 1916-07-11 AM1.jpg1916-07-11 AM2.jpg1916-07-11 AM3.jpg1916-07-11 AM4.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."