Raine, looks like you’ll have your hands full soon with that hush-hush offensive. We need to see that framed photograph. Make sure it doesn’t say “Sanke” on it.

Wulfe, what happened to the ORANGES?! It must have been a hoot to see Victor being stuffed with those oranges. I bet they tried to stuff most of them in his chest area. What a way to go. I’m thinking marmalade. That is a double kick in the teeth in such a short span of time. The morale must be at an all time low. I wonder how Thenault will pull his pilots out of this funk? Congrats on number 7.

25 June, 1916 05:05 morning mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Capitaine Gaston A. Voscadeaux
44 confirmed kills

Voscadeaux is finally back in the saddle after 7 long days of sick leave. His head still hurts occasionally and the scar throbs every now and then. Gaston compares the feeling to something crawling on his head. There is still a small dressing he wears to protect his wound under the flight cap.
He didn’t mind this mission to be yet another patrol of enemy front lines south of Spincourt. He just wanted to fly. The sky was a thick soup and it was impossible to locate any enemies. Unless the Boches flew right in front of Gaston’s nose, he would not be able to spot them. Obviously they didn't and the flight had to return to base with nothing to show for it.

25 June, 1916 13:10 afternoon mission
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Capitaine Gaston A. Voscadeaux
44 confirmed kills

In the afternoon the ‘B’ flight was ordered to patrol over enemy airfield of Tichemon. The skies were clear of any Hun aircraft. Not even Adjutant Boillot could find any Boche to attack. It was another eventless mission. Gaston was beginning to wonder if the Boche have moved out to another sector in preparation for some offensive. All of them?

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."