Raine, Donnerwetter! What rotten luck! Getting your butt shot from under you in quick succession is not doing any good for poor Vogel’s self esteem. Good thing Imperial Army grunts are starved for cigarettes, otherwise Hans would be stuck in that mud hole. And that scene in the restaurant, I thought it would come to fisticuffs and poor Vogel would also be demoted and sent to Marne sector biggrin

Epower, it is for the better. Marne is a sector my computer can still handle.
Oh good, Clarissa has been discovered! Oliver is lucky it ended this quickly. He should send a case of champagne to Freddy for warning him in time of this ... this cunning linguist. He’s probably better off like this. I’m surprised she’s only discovered “the other woman” this late. Not so smart after all. It will be a difficult period for Oliver. He will wonder if there is indeed something wrong with him, but it will pass. It will make him stronger. It will make him immune to the snake venom. Concentrate Oliver, the investiture is tomorrow.

Lou, Ziggy is definitely better off. As you say, he can now concentrate on his score, without any breast-toting distractions. Now, to actually find the enemy in this backwater ...

11 November, 1917 09:45
Saint-Loup-en-Champagne, Marne Sector
Jasta 19
Leutnant Zygmunt Dolf Hahn EK2 EK1 HHO PLM AO
78 confirmed kills
Awaiting two claim confirmations

Schwarm Zwei received their orders: intercept enemy machines approaching airfield at Saint-Remy-le-Petit. They were met by a flight of SPADs over the airfield. Ziggy was lucky to get one for himself. They fought for some time, but Zygmunt inflicted enough damage to force his foe to retreat. As he followed with little hope of catching up, he noticed the enemy plane begin to wobble. After a while the wobble turned into a bank and a dive. The dive seemed terminal with a little corkscrew added to the trajectory. Hahn watched his target hit the ground near Aisne, south of the aerodrome. He looked around for a witness and immediately found his wingmate Leutnant Tybelsky. Today he would be Hahn’s witness again.

YouTube Link

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."