Wonders will never cease. Now we’ve got ourselves a horse whisperer! Great story MFair. Will Jericho shoe him next? And how DID that cow end up in Collins’ shack? You’ve got some explaining to do.

12 February , 1916 8:02
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Sergent Gaston A. Voscadeaux

Durand is stuck in bed with the fever. His place is taken by Sous Lieutenant Nathaniel Roze for today’s flight to St. Mihiel salient on arty spotting. It is a sleepy day with plenty of drizzle and fog. Gaston could barely keep himself awake. In fact, he is certain he could fly this mission in his sleep but S.Ltn Roze would have none of that. He would tap Gaston on the shoulder constantly pointing to something on the ground all the way to and from the enemy camp. Eventually he grew tired of the sights and left Voscadeaux alone to his piloting duties and to his thoughts. Gaston caught himself nodding off near the aerodrome. It was the sudden shift of gravity that brought him out his daydream. Gaston corrected his plane’s attitude and looked like he meant to do it when Roze looked at him part with trepidation and part suspicion. The temporary observer was not impressed.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."