Albert - The nurses had a horrific war experience. Amazing women each and every one of them. Not sure how long you've been following the DID but Eliza's first letter to Oliver in January of 1917 shines some light on the experience. Her description of the wounded I quoted from historical sources almost verbatim. You can find it on Page 317 of the DID thread.
Jacob sure landed on his feet and is moving up fast. Excellent pics. I particularly like the one of the unfortunate Camel sans wing. Shame about poor Nebgen.

MFair - Karl to hospital then the next life. Fate, and the vagaries of backups, can be cruel. Looking forward to Ludwig's career.

Lt. Casey - We will miss you. Bet of luck on the new venture and we'll keep a seat by the fire for your return.

TWK - Helmut is getting his baptism of fire for sure. He'll have as many scars as Oliver at the current rate. Glad the wounds are superficial. Not liking the tracers getting that close to your man there. Nice screenie, btw. Let's keep those close calls to a minimum.
Now Helmut is rocking one very fresh paint job. A;ll his mates will know his machine now. Those silver Pfalz can be so anonymous

Carrick - Bienvenue Jules! He's fallen in the varsity. Well done!

NR - Cunningham is slogging some lovely Flemish weather , I see. BHaH2 sure has some nasty new features for that situation. Oh no! Cunningham is perforated. Tough break withthe two denied claims but your man is alive and in the care of Queen Alexandras Military Nursing Service. Spongebaths all around. You know, a wound stripe is as good as a decoration for getting attention from the fair sex. Heal quickly.

Fullofit - Attack of the homicidal Strutters! At least they aren't Ramflieger and now Rudi is threatening to eclipse the Baron himself. Rudi needn't rush. There's time, even withthe finicky claims office.
Alas, Herr Göttsch will not be here to witness. To be killed the very day of his 20th victory. Cruel. Most cruel. Love the painting of the triplanes. Unfortuante about the poor beasts. His Majesty's artillerymen were aiming for something more vital. Balatre was a bit far forward. Command were too keen. Jasta 19 will be much happier farther east.

Raine - Quite the adventure for young MacAliter. I hope he took advantage of his time in hospital to write the fair Bronwyn. How will she react to the wound stripe I wonder? Pleased to see that Mac's Ack Ems sorted out the controls problem. Too bad about the new Clerget Camels. What with new new Air Force, the Senior Service no longer have a monopoly on all the best planes. Not so much of an impediment after all. Congrats on the 3 confirmed. 50 is within reach now.

Lou - 65 Squadron's aircraft losses mount. Poor Osborn. I fear the new ones won't last long with the changing tides of the air war. Freddy back in action I see. Nice work dropping the Rumpler.

Last edited by epower; 04/15/21 02:13 AM.