Man, oh man! Those are some great stories. I was reading them and bow I'm exhausted from wading through so much creative juice! I need a towel! Beautifully done Gentlemen. Can't wait to get more.
MFair these are beautiful spurs. Good enough to be on Forged in Fire! How long did it take you to finish 'em?

7 March, 1916 10:00
Senard, Verdun Sector
Escadrille N37
Adjutant Gaston A. Voscadeaux

As expected, yesterday’s claim for the Aviatik was denied to Cpl. Dreux and Sgt. de Geuser. Perhaps one day they will learn to cooperate instead of compete.
The HQ decided that it was the right time to help les P.C.d.F.* and bomb the enemy front lines north of Verdun. Sleet was not the preferred condition for an aerial bombardment, but Esc N37 went ahead and did it anyway. Gaston and his wingman led the 'A' Flight all the way to the target without losing visual contact. It was not until they've dropped their bombs that he lost them from sight. Voscadeaux was admiring their handiwork too much to keep one eye on them. It will take a while before he gets tired of watching the fireworks, especially when one of the main ingredients is freshly minced Hun. He searched the overcast skies but to no avail. He decided to turn back hoping that that's what the ‘A’ Flight had done as well and are now miles ahead of him. The conditions were degrading with each minute and the murky mist below was giving Gaston the gooseflesh. Eventually he found the lost flight. They were circling the aerodrome when Voscadeaux and his wingman arrived. He'll have to pay more attention in the future.

*P.C.d.F - Pauvre Couillons de Front - Poor Mugs at the Front - nickname les Poilus had given themselves in the trenches.

[Linked Image]

Attached Files 1916-03-07.jpg

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."