Grishin, super pictures! You made the right decision not to go after the Nieuports!

Raine, I hope the ‘Chateau and vineyard buying mod’ is available to us all soon! Another super chapter ... I’m sensing a plot twist, so can’t wait for chapter 101!

Carrick58, keep going old chap!

Harry, close call! Tripes over the airfield is a nightmare! Glad you gave ‘em what for the day before. As I read your account I thought you end up in the bed next to me! I'm so chuffed we've still got Lazlo with us! Safe Hunting!

Fullofit, 5 claims! We are falling like leaves in Autumn to your guns! Congratulations mate super report and video!

Sebastian von Toombs
16 confirmed victories
13 unconfirmed victories

27th February 1917

Hospital
I had a visitor today Kitty! She made the 12 hour journey overnight to the hospital. She was a healing balm beyond all expectations. I awoke to see her smiling face beaming at me, with such warmth than the rosey fingers of dawn paled in comparison. She was able to spend three blissful hours with me. We walked around the grounds, pointing out the freshly flowering spring daffodils and crocuses. We held hands and started to make plans for our summer wedding.

[Linked Image]
“...I awoke to see her smiling face beaming at me...”

She was bubbling with excitement after hearing from her brother, who we’d all assumed dead. He is alive and a prisoner of war. His unit were making nightly trench raids, He was captured in one such raid, while exploring a section of reportedly uninhabited trench. His three-man team stumbled into a squad of British soldiers. Out gunned and ambushed the three of them have been taken to a prisoner of war camp in Scotland. From there he was able to write, asking for warm clothing and some cake he is well, in rude health and says he is being treated well, but is finding Scotland very cold. Kitty’s only confusion was that there were a number of spelling mistakes in his letter, which is so unusual for him as he is so precise in everything.

As she left she made me promise, my finger-tips to her lips, that I would restrain myself in the air. She feels I’ve taken too many risks in battle. And of course she’s right, my goal has been to be the greatest fighter pilot in the Luftstreitkräfte, to match Manfred von Richthofen’s victory score - to make her proud, to make my family and nation proud. But most of all to prove myself to me. I need to ponder these things. Too late, I realised Kitty had left her brother's letter.

To be continued....

Last edited by SebToombs; 02/27/20 05:31 PM.