NR, machine gun slinging sky-snipers! LOL.
Fixing SPAD cockpit view? I think it’s been suggested a few times. Devs even said they (may) look into it. Guess they’re still looking, but if you’re in SPAD’s pit you won’t see much.
Whoever stopped Lehman from participating in that bombing run knew exactly what would have happened. The ignorant rookie would surely drop bombs at low level fragging himself and probably rest of the flight. Keep him away from things that go bang.
A German, a Russian and an American walk into a bar in France, except it’s a bistro.
I remember the good old days when men were men and Strutters were dead meat. Not any longer.
So Dean drew the short end of the stick, a patrol in the muck and he also gets Lehman for company to boot. Oh, the cruel fate! At least the Hun had sim pity and stayed away.
No such leniency on the afternoon hop. Lehman in the lead, ah well, got to look at the bright side. He’d never spot the enemy and therefore an encounter in these clouds would be an unlikely possibility.
A drink after a mission like that is a must. I’d instruct our miserable hero to actually have one of those ahead of the mission too.
And today, another nail biter with twice the Huns as those of the RAF. Good job saving the Commander’s hide from the Albatros. More losses - those poor Ack- Emmas won’t sleep tonight. But the worst blow comes from the Archie crews. What a kick to the pants. I agree with Dean, let the bombers do their bit during the next air raid. See how many shot down airplanes they’ll claim then.

Lou, thanks for the kind words. Let’s hope the confirmations start rolling in. Pyotr is not a patient man.
As for Freddy, enjoy the freedom while he can and prey they don’t assign him to SPADs.

Raine, finally a half century. The celebration will definitely put George out of action for at least a day.

Albert, logic escapes me why the bombers would take off during a raid. They weren’t even Strutters.
Jacob definitely dodged a bullet that day with those Strutters staying high up.
Now, onto today’s proceedings. First of all, well done keeping height advantage during both encounters. Second, masterful job on that SPAD. No enemy will survive a blown off wing. That kill was in the bag. Unfortunately same could not be said about that Camel. Look at the bright side: better a dead, unconfirmed Camel than a confirmed Albatros, right? Congrats on the latest victories.

Carrick, way to go! Get back up on that horse. Welcome Henri to the War.

6 May, 1918 06:45 morning mission
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector
Esc SPA 67, GC 12
Sergent Pyotr Fyodor Smirnov
SPAD VII
1 confirmed kill
Awaiting two claim confirmations

Morning show consisted of patrolling enemy front lines between Noyon and Roye. The thick clouds ensured no contact was made.

6 May, 1918 13:50 afternoon mission
Hétomesnil, Marne Sector
Esc SPA 67, GC 12
Sergent Pyotr Fyodor Smirnov
SPAD VII
1 confirmed kill
Awaiting two claim confirmations

The afternoon sortie was another patrol in the clouds. The sky was thick with clouds so dense that one could fly next to an enemy formation and not see them. This is exactly what happened to Pyotr. He saw clouds, more clouds and nothing but the clouds, then suddenly a dozen of Boche two-seaters appeared right in front of him. He froze and frankly thought these were friendly planes this far into French kept territory. A bullet to his petrol tank changed his mind. He quickly disengaged and searched for the closest piece of road to land on.

YouTube Link

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."