25 August, 1916 05:15 morning mission
Luxeuil, Alsace Sector
3 Wing RNAS
FL Tobias Chester Mulberry
10 confirmed kills

It was a beautiful morning. The sun was shining at their back as Mulberry and his gun layer Alford were lifting off from the airfield. Toby was thinking to himself that it’s going to be a lengthy trip to the front lines north of Lunéville for a spot of reconnaissance. As he was preparing for this trip something moved on his dashboard. It was Alford’s shadow. He quickly looked back to see the gunner charging his Lewis, aiming to port and firing at something hidden above the top plane. Toby banked left and saw two Eindeckers right behind him diving on his tail. He banked harder and watched the two Huns nearly come together. This blunder helped him catch up to their tails. He latched on to the tan monoplane, still keeping an eye on the green one that dove away. He continued to follow the tan Eindecker and taking potshots at him. At some point the green Fokker rejoined the fight and Toby had to switch targets to avoid being shot down from behind. The two German monoplanes were uncoordinated and getting in each other’s way. Needless to say Mulberry took full advantage of that. After a while both Eindeckers were on the run with a third one showing up above. While pursuing, Toby took note of the new guest but didn’t concern himself too much with it. The new arrival was just passing by and had no intention of helping his compatriots. Mulberry caught up to the tan Fokker and pummeled the invader. The pilot’s head disappeared inside the cockpit and the plane went into a dive, trailing gray smoke. Toby turned back and landed back at the airfield with the remains still smoldering nearby.

YouTube Link

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."