Carrick, maybe it’s better that way. At least your pilot won’t have to write any claims reports.

Raine, there is an easy solution to your problem. Just put in for a transfer to a “quiet” sector. winkngrin
That is a rather intimate description of Camel’s characteristics, but after spending this much time on them who’d be surprised?
Sad news of Colton. Just make sure Stephane doesn’t get a hold of those postcards.

Shredward, that website is totally wrong. It says there Madon died in 1924 when Ziggy took care of him in 1918.

12 January, 1918 08:45
Saint-Loup-en-Champagne, Marne Sector
Jasta 19
Oberleutnant Zygmunt Dolf Hahn EK2 EK1 HHO PLM AO RA
111 confirmed kills
Awaiting two claim confirmations

The weather was miserable but at least they’ll be operating above it. Today’s orders were to patrol over friendly aerodrome at Liesse, far up north.
“- Scheiße!” Zygmunt was not in a good mood. As his Albatros was rolling down the airfield and picking up speed he spotted an armada of enemy planes approaching his airfield. Flak was already sending up their greetings.
He banked towards them and saw one of them peel off and dive. Zygmunt was soon behind him realizing these were no Nieuports. These were the large two-seat bombers that flew like scouts. Hahn was careful not to stay too long in the rear gunner’s line of sight. He continued to chip away at the large plane until the port side top plane was blown off and the bomber went down at the edge of the airfield.
Hahn turned his attention towards a large furball close by. It was being entertained by Flak and easily visible. At the last moment he spotted another two-seater right behind him, hiding in the ground clutter and veiled behind a snow curtain. The dance commenced anew. The Bréguet made circles around the Albatros while Zygmunt struggled to prevent his plane from stalling. They were duelling very low, so any accidental loss of control could be fatal. In the end the French pilot out flew himself and Ziggy was able to get on his tail. He then proceeded to make a sieve out of the two-seater’s fuselage. With the engine on fire the bomber went down just at the edge of the airfield.
Zygmunt could then concentrate on another duel some distance away. It was another Bréguet fighting one of Hahn’s wingmen. Ziggy engaged and send a burst towards the large machine. The French pilot realized he was outnumbered and quickly dove to retreat at treetop level. Zygmunt was able to sneak behind and below and continue to fire. The enemy bomber joined his other two countrymen by crashing close to the airfield.

YouTube Link

But this was not the end for Hahn. He soon spotted another enemy plane, thanks to the eagle-eyed Flak batteries, which pointed the Staffelführer in the right direction. Hahn expected one more bomber to do battle with, but he was surprised when he was met with a much smaller plane. It was his nemesis - the Sopwith Strutter. He had great respect for the ability and accuracy of the rear facing Lewis in that plane. He would have to fly carefully against this foe. Too many times has he been bested by this machine. He had the Strutter on the back foot from the start, when the two machines merged head on. Zygmunt was sure he hit it with his first burst. From then on, the Strutter could only retreat. This didn’t mean the rear gunner was helpless. Ziggy could see the angry flashes coming from the end of the barrel of the Belgian Rattlesnake. He was behind the two-seater now attempting to finish it off. A lucky shot pierced Zygmunt’s fuel line, but in turn a round from Hahn’s Spandaus pierced Strutter pilot’s major artery. The French two-seater went down near the Aisne River south of the aerodrome, while Ziggy limped back home. His petrol tank emptied on his final approach. The Albatros settled down on the snow covered grass field of the aerodrome with only some groans and creaks of the airframe.

YouTube Link

“- Have you seen a balloon burn? It’s Wunderbar!” Fuchs had a smile on his face as he set three drinks on the table and passed one to Hahn and Tybelsky, sitting down and grabbing the last one.
“- Yes, as a matter of fact we’ve seen those sausages burn. Are you telling us you’ve bagged one?” Tybelsky was intrigued.
“- Nein, Rienau got one today. I am still to taste this kind of victory.” Rudolf responded, still wearing a grin on his face. “- The drinks are to celebrate my second Luftsieg. I’ve shot down a SPAD! Prost!” Fuchs took a swig from his glass and made a sour face. The young Feldwebel was still getting used to a man’s drink.
“- Well done! A SPAD. How did you manage this?” Zygmunt was proud of Tybelsky’s protégé.
“- It’s a very interesting story. Leutnants Rienau and Scheller went down to take out the gasbag and the rest of us circled above and watched. That was when Leutnant Mallman noticed the enemy machines approaching and he waggled his wings to let us all know. We then attacked. I followed Mallman and when he finished his run, it was my turn. I got behind the tan biplane and opened fire. The bus ahead wobbled, then turned upside down and went into the ground. We then saw the balloon go up in smoke and returned quickly back home. I was hit by ground fire and didn’t want to stick around any longer.” Rudi made a gesture as if he were dusting off his hands to signify his story was over. The two men congratulated him on his latest victory and finished their drinks.

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."