Lou, I wouldn’t worry too much about going back to Blighty. Swany will start downing those pesky Zeppelins and get a bar to his shiny VC. Congrats! It’s official.

Carrick, are you thinking of defecting? They may have those Countesses, but think about those German nurses. You have to weigh the pros against the cons before making such a decision.

25 September, 1916 06:45 morning mission
Luxeuil, Alsace Sector
3 Wing RNAS
SC Tobias Chester Mulberry
22 confirmed kills

Both Fokkers from 23 September mission were confirmed.

The ‘A’ flight machines have started their racetrack flightpath over Grandvillars when Toby’s wingman started to wag his wings to catch his leader’s attention. Toby noticed this and looked at Knight who was pointing with his gloved hand down. Huns below! Mulberry took immediate action and dropped his flight to a lower altitude and on the tails of three Eindeckers. The two quickly turned around to face the attack, but one continued on. That made him the automatic target for Toby. If he doesn’t want to fight then he has no business being up here and Toby was going to be the one to teach him that lesson. He could only do one pass, knowing well that the other two Fokkers would now be well on their way to get on his tail. He quickly turned around after the initial attack and saw, as expected, the other two Huns getting into position. Knight already was chasing one of them away and Toby went after the remaining Eindecker. He was starting to feel sorry for the pilots forced to use these obsolete machines with little to no chance at all of success against latest Entente machines. The Boche machine went down over Manspach Woods.
While looking around for the rest of the flight to rejoin, Mulberry noticed a dark vertical streak in the sky. It was the Fokker Knight was dueling with and now going down in flames. He saw his wingman follow the flamer, as if there were more of them down below. Toby couldn’t see anything. Eventually the ‘A’ flight completed their rounds and Mulberry followed them back home. Knight didn’t rejoin the formation. He didn’t return to base this morning either.

YouTube Link

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."