Fullofit, I’ve had the “pleasure” of flying the Triplane a few times. It’s a blessing and a curse.
Raine, I hope you enjoy the new digs.
Epower, a further exchange from one my favorites,
“Ever get lonesome?”
“For what?”
“A woman”
“Full time night woman?!

Sgt. Jeremiah Johnson
March 3, 1918

Jeremiah had a few rough days. He had been nicked in the arm on a Railyard strike. Setting down at St. Vasst to get stitched up before returning home. The next day, hist flight had scrambled for incoming aircraft. As he was waiting his turn to take off, he saw the 3 Hun bombers far above. As he shoved the throttle forward and sped down the field. Halfway, a geyser of dirt and grass went up in front of him. The next thing he knew, he was hanging upside down in a demolished SE. The mechanics had fetched him out but he was banged up for a few days and was unable to fly.
Yesterday his flight had a fight with the dreaded Triplane. All the rumors Jeremiah had heard were true. They could be in front of you one second and gone the next! He collided with one in mid fight. Obviously his landing gear had struck its upper wing. His stomach was in knots until he landed safely with an intact undercarriage.
Today’s mission was an airfield strike near Douai. Right in the middle of several Hun airfields. They plastered it. Jeremiah got a direct hit on a large building. He was feeling pretty good until he noticed 3 nice holes in the wing fabric just outside the cockpit. “How many lives you got” he asked himself.

Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from either end.
BOC Member since....I can't remember!