Hi Steve, I'm pretty new to this as well and started making these shorts just for the DiD Campaign. If you have a recent nVidia card you should be able to get them going as well. Nvidia comes with gForce Experience, which among other things has a video capture utility. (The other company probably also has a utility similar to this, but I'm not familiar with it.) You can get it to run by pressing Alt+F9 (I think that is the default). When you're in gForce Experience app, go to settings:

[Linked Image]

Then select IN-GAME OVERLAY as shown above and click on another button called settings. An overlay should pop up with more settings.

[Linked Image]

The ones you are interested in are: Video capture, where you can adjust recording's resolution, bitrate and other goodies. The other page is Recordings, where you will tell the program where you want your movies to be stored.

Once you have all that sorted and the OVERLAY enabled you should be able to just press Alt+F9 to start recording once you are flying in WoFF. You should get a little green "light" in the corner of the screen telling you that recording is going on. Keep in mind that the movies will be huge. I'm into 10GB for 1 hour of recording and I think the quality is mediocre. Once you have your recording done - it should be in .MP4 format, you can start cutting it to size in your favourite video editing program. I don't use anything fancy. If you have Win 10, just use the Photos app to open the video there and trim it. If you've managed this far then you're halfway there. In Photos app click in top right menu on "Edit & Create". You will get some fun choices to edit the video with:

[Linked Image]

Pick "Trim" and with the scale at the bottom of the picture adjust the video to only the part you want to see.

[Linked Image]

Hint: the white dots indicate the beginning and the end of the trimmed movie. Drag those white dots with your mouse to the desired moment - the movie will adjust while you're dragging so you can see what's happening. Once you're satisfied with your short version of the movie click on "Save as" and specify where you want it saved on your computer.

You will have to create a YouTube account to post videos there. Or Google video account, or Vimeo. Whatever works best for you. If you already have an account, upload your trimmed video there. You will get a link that looks like something like this: "https://youtu.be/7o_wfuSL". Copy this link to clipboard and you are almost done. Now to place it in this post.

Click on the button "Use Full Editor" below your post. You will get this menu. Click on the video button:

[Linked Image]

Then pick the correct format.

[Linked Image]

Pick YouTube Video if you posted your movie to YouTube. A window will come up where you will paste the video link you copied to clipboard earlier. Click on OK. Finish your post and you should be done.

Good luck and … do join us in the DID Campaign!

Attached Files Settings.JPGSettings too.jpgTrim.JPGScale.JPGMenu.JPGVideo.JPG

"Take the cylinder out of my kidneys,
The connecting rod out of my brain, my brain,
From out of my arse take the camshaft,
And assemble the engine again."