Confession...

The month of June (mainly the last 3 weeks) has probably been our worst month with diet and fitness since we started working on it back in 2008! We quit working out, lost our small amount of jogging stamina (half-heartedly tried yesterday evening, we could only walk, although it's been very hot and humid) and we've been eating terribly (both quantity and quality). This morning I had to go digging through my larger size clothes containers to find something to wear, both shorts and t-shirt (glad I didn't give them away, I'll always keep one or two larger sizes just in case).

Wife...I usually only mention the positives when talking about the Mrs. (I'm not totally stupid smile ). But she's been hitting the drive-thrus and restaurants with me (oh man, our new Capt. D's is consistently good!). She's having the same problem with her clothes as I am, back to the clothes containers.

Oh man, the damage just a couple of weeks or so can do! Seriously. What blows is that we've been really busy moving and cleaning stuff so it's not like we're just sitting on our asses! But apparently it's not enough to offset constant take-outs and (when we're not too scuzzy) sit-down restaurants, some days eating 2 out of 3 meals out, and not even trying to be healthy with it. The joy of turning 50, you can rack up some weight *quickly* (in absolute gains or percentages). Even my father is getting a gut and that's not like him at all.

Not panicked though! We know why it happened and now that my parent's move is over, we can get back to our healthy routine...but not until July 5th. readytoeat

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run