Thanks, PFunk. smile

All that remains of that health scare is a fading scar, which is a constant reminder to take a moment and give them a little once over. wink

Zatarain's? Sounds like my kind of dinner! Really, I sometimes enjoy a variety snacking type of meal, especially with hummus (I have pics on the food thread of this sort of meal).

We make an effort now not to take in any calories past 7PM if we can help it (6PM was impossible), as if we're fasting for early morning blood work. Not always possible, but we try.

++++++++++

I tried to word my previous post carefully and wanted to clarify and maybe elaborate on it a little...

"A woman in progress of looking and feeling better about herself is a happier woman..."

The same could apply to men as well, of course. I want to stress that it doesn't matter where you're starting from, IMO it's all relative.

I'm usually blunt with my comments and opinions, this will be no different...

I believe what makes my wife and I so attracted to each other in our late-40's goes beyond the physical, there's the long history as well as working together as a team better than we ever have before. I feel a total connection now, like we truly are that "one flesh" you hear spoken at weddings. I can't get enough of her and I think she feels the same way.

But if all the fun and passion came to a screeching halt due to something beyond our control, we'd survive it. It would require a major shift in mindset but we'd get through it and deal with our new circumstances together, I know we would.

Still, you can't marginalize physical attraction, even if it's becoming more politically correct to do so. If you're getting fit solely for health reasons and not for appearances (a popular feminist sentiment), great. Who cares about the reason why, just do it! But IMO, the more reasons you have, the easier it is to stay motivated for the duration. And what I find, it's allot harder to argue and fight with someone you just want to hold and love on. biggrin

Physical attraction to me is relative in that it's more about putting forth the effort and continually improving yourself, versus absolute as in comparing yourself to others or even your younger self. This is something I have to be mindful of as I love the nostalgia of our early years of dating and marriage, when life seemed much more exciting and we had our whole lives in front of us. Our teenage years and early 20's were a long time ago and no matter how healthy our lifestyle is today, there's no denying our aging and that we're only getting older.

So now it takes more effort for lessor results, but it's the effort I find so appealing and attractive. From making better decisions and encouraging me to do the same, to our sweaty workouts and walks/runs together. Effort will bring results, how can it not? But regardless of results, the effort and progress is such a turn on.

It's all about making the best of your current situation, to be the best you can be, and that's something everyone can work on.

<Trips off soapbox and cracks tooth>.