Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
Hi all,

As in the New Year's Resolution topic discussed, here's your chance to share, shame, be shamed, find encouragement or simple check what others are doing in regards to nutrition and exercise. We've seen a lot of threads touching this, why not combine it.

Listen up, girls! Today ends the first half of 2016 (going by months) and it's time to get freggin' serious!

My Mrs. is going to bring home a giant fried seafood platter for the four of us to split tonight, while I suck down my last Dr. Peppers of the year (drinking sodas for three days now). Tomorrow morning we're beginning the month of July (second half of the year) with a six month "boot camp" mentality!

I mention my dearest wife allot on these threads because we are a team, together we fail or succeed. I have neither the willpower nor the stamina to do it alone (unless I really *was* alone, maybe). This is our last full year in our 40's so there's a sense of urgency about it for us now.

Hell, even my 76-year old mother (after serious back surgeries) is using my weight bench to do leg lifts (can you believe that?)! I've noticed my father is also using my weights more (mainly dumb bell curls) and we're all eating allot better overall. Lifestyle (good or bad) is contagious.

Both pics taken a couple of days ago or so in a Houston hotel room and gym (that was my idea as we were leaving the hotel). biggrin

Anyway, these will be part of the "before pics" by the end of the year, that belly you see on me will be gone forever!

Soo... Let's do it!

Attached Files Houston_02.jpgHouston_Hotel_00.jpg
Last edited by MarkG; 03/03/17 05:14 AM.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run