What little I've heard about military chow time, it doesn't seem like a fair system as some get a few more seconds to scarf down their food than others.

I have a brother-in-law who's retired Army (lived at Fort Polk, Fort Dix and Fort Wainwright) and he used to say when he got out that he was going to grow his hair long and paint his house hot titty pink. Of course he didn't, he was just tired of always being told what he could and couldn't do. I envied him because he wasn't allowed to get fat. smile

++++++++++

I've made a couple of changes for the better:

1. I usually don't mind drinking water w/lemon over lunch and dinner, unless I'm eating a poboy w/chips, hamburger w/fries, pizza, fried chicken or seafood, or anything heavy. Then I need a soda to wash it down. Since I seldom eat those things, it's not a problem. For breakfast, however, I need something substantial to drink like orange juice or milk. My OJ isn't from concentrate and milk is 2%, but the positive change I've made is that I don't drink from a bigger glass anymore, I use a small juice glass (4 oz. [120 ml). These little glasses were my wife's grandmother's and are working out great to control quantity. If I need something to wash down that last bite or so, I also have my coffee. Wife can keep using the bigger glasses, her preferred breakfast drink is 1 part cranberry juice to 8 parts sparkling mineral water.

2. In bed by 10PM (10:30 at the latest). I've noticed that I tend to start snacking at around 11PM, if I'm still up and about. So whatever I'm doing at 10PM (usually playing on the laptop), I take it to bed. This means my teeth are already brushed, flossed and with night guard/retainer, so if one of the dogs decide they need to go out before I doze off, I'm not so tempted as I walk past the kitchen because I don't want to have to repeat the mouth ritual again. It's easier to turn in earlier now that my parents have their own space and are not in my living room watching the 10 o'clock News. Also, no more having to grab my bathrobe to walk around my own house. smile

Back in the 190's, bring on the 180's! woot

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run