So, you're a seasoned walker/runner then. Those times are excellent, IMO.

About treadmill, track and stationary bikes being boring...

==========
"Give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n' roll
And drift away"
==========

They would be unbearable to me without the tunes, I have to lose myself in music (past/present/future). At least that's how it works for me, without headphone music I'm a slug.

Lately I find my mind wondering more into the present and future than the past, and that's an awesome feeling. I just have to stay aware enough not to fall off the treadmill (helps to keep your eyes opened). smile I do wear the magnetic safety stop cord clipped to my shorts.

I prefer the track because it's outdoors (we try to do 12 laps [3 miles] on the track every evening) but it's not always possible (rain, working late) so the treadmill is good backup for an evening walk/run.

++++++++++

I'm not sure how accurate her pedometer is or even how it works, except that steps in this case equals virtual money. I don't know how much she gets for x number of steps, though.

We've never been very scientific about any of it, we try sometimes (e.g. calorie counting) but it never lasts. If I'm not where I want to be by 50 then I'm going to have to figure out the numbers, instead of just winging it (eating healthy and exercising daily in general). I do believe I've fried my metabolism or whatever, if I had put the effort in at 25 that I'm doing now approaching 49, I'd be seeing *much* better results. Wife seems to have gotten her metabolism and energy levels back where they were a long time ago, I never had those genes.

EDIT: Basing comments on times we walk long distance without our iPod Shuffles, she easily outpaces me.

Last edited by MarkG; 07/26/16 08:58 PM.