Are we going to have a good April?

I have a *huge* month coming up, starting tomorrow morning (April 1) with a 5k at LSU (for epilepsy) [just found out, date moved to 4/22, bah!]. I'm now covering 5k (3.1 miles) on my treadmill at a hair under 40 min. which would be a terrible time for a seasoned runner, especially on a treadmill, but good for me. I hope I can do the same on actual pavement tomorrow, my feet are feeling fine (after limping all day on Sat.) I told my wife not to ease off when I start falling behind, I like the competition (even a little friendly trash talking would be motivational). smile

The week of April 16, oh my! eek2 Wife is taking the week off and the first part of the week she's scheduled many appointments for us: physicals, dentist, dermatologist, eyes (says I'm also due for a hearing test), everything but a colonoscopy (not until Sept.). I forgive her because the rest of the week she's made plans for four events of very pleasant walking...

1. Pensacola Naval Aviation Museum (4/20): The place is *huge*, I never could cover it in a day (including outside displays) because I didn't have the stamina, my feet hurt and my legs rubbed together and chafed.

2. Pensacola Beach (4/21): Just a nice and very long walk on the beach, see how much ground (sand) we can cover.

3. Air show (including Blue Angels) in New Orleans (4/22 or 4/23): Everyone who goes to airshows knows they usually include lots of walking, just from your car to the spectator areas, and lots more as you walk along the runway and check out all the exhibits. This will be the first time I see an F-35 in person (static display).

4. The National WWII Museum (formally known as the "D-Day Museum"): It's been so long that I don't remember how much walking is involved in the museum itself, they've added on since I've been so I imagine quite a bit. We'll probably park at the river (regular French Quarter parking) and walk to the museum, also walk the Quarter so it'll be at least 3 or 4 miles in total, likely more.

My 50th BD is now exactly 5 months away (8/31), plenty of time to finish what I started but feeling the pressure as I get closer to receiving my AARP package (assuming they send these to everyone turning 50).

EDIT: Also, part 2 of our walking tour of downtown Baton Rouge on the 14th, the Friday which starts her April vacation.

2nd EDIT: We were also going to include the USS Alabama (driving through Mobile) but chose the WWII Museum instead. It's possible we might do both if there's time (that would be freggin; awesome!).

Hope everyone else has a productive April.

Last edited by MarkG; 04/01/17 04:38 PM.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run