Welcome to the club, MadDog! cheers

I remember watching an episode of "House Hunters International" about 5 years ago, where a couple somewhere in Norway was looking to purchase a home (I believe around Bergen). Several scenes showed a gathering of people, eating in restaurants or walking around shopping. One scene showed lots of people just walking the downtown streets enjoying the outdoors. I noticed how slim everyone looked, I didn't see anyone who appeared to be overweight (although I didn't have the freeze-frame feature I have today). I would imagine as a larger person (but not *too* large) it's more difficult to fit in where you live, whereas I live in the Deep South US so it's really easy to not stand out.

I don't mean just aesthetically, I mean that my area is catering to a larger person. For example, we've noticed that a couple of local restaurants have rearranged their booths so that when we sit at one, there's now way too much space between the bench and table to get comfortable. The solution is to either sit next to each other and slide the table over to us, or sit at a table with chairs. One of our main concert theaters (Raising Cane's River Center) is about to be gutted and new seating installed, bigger seats with more space between rows, also more aisles. I'm disappointed that they'll be less seating available with the new layout.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run