Well, it finally happened this year - my Magical Metabolism wore off. Most of my life I've had to try and keep weight on rather than the other way around, but suddenly it's the other way.

Part of it is that in my last job I walked around quite a bit, and now that I'm retired I don't. Within about four months my pants got tight and then some of them didn't fit. Unacceptable. Many of them are only ten or fifteen years old and are still serviceable, and I have a "hot wife" to keep interested.

So it's portion control and the smoking trick. I ask myself if I'm eating something because A) I need the food, B) I want the food, or C) just to eat something. If it's C) I don't eat. If it's B) I limit the amount. The big thing is my favorite food vice, potato chips. Though it's more expensive, I got the single serving bags of chips and limit myself to one per day after an eight week ban.

Two months on and the pant selection is widening as I stopped doing so. Small gains and a touch of vanity can do wonders.

I figure my "new normal" weight is probably between 160 and 170, quite a bit more than the 140 I carried for forty years of my life.

The pernicious thing about my weight gain is that the fat grew under the abs, so I had my typical six pack being pushed forward. Weird.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."