I'm off to get my teeth scraped, we did x-rays last time (I think) so it ought to be quick and easy.

We're going to talk with our dentist after and make a final decision whether or not to get whitenings, and if so, which procedure. I personally don't think it's worth it, maybe if we were 30 but not at 50. We suffered enough already with full braces in our 40's (her second time around and mine took two years to sort out that mess), gum treatments and then my two implants. I'm tired of it and don't want anymore work done in my mouth unless it's absolutely necessary, plus I want to enjoy my coffee/tea and red wine without caring if my teeth are getting stained.

Wife would have it much worse because she has exterior top front fillings that would need replacing to match, but she really would like whiter teeth (her yellowish fillings really show in photos). I guess I'll do it if she does, but I'm going to suggest we've done enough already, stained teeth (as long as they're healthy) don't bother me.