Originally Posted By: RSColonel_131st
Nice equipment, all you really need.

How much wrights do you do?

I'll post part of my routine tomorrow.

Uh, hmm...kind of embarrassed about this one, but I shouldn't be (I'm the only guy I know IRL who lifts *anything*) so here goes...

My main weight set came from Sears...

Weider Pro 290 W Home Gym (80 Lb. Vinyl Weight Set)...
http://www.sears.com/weider-pro-290-w/p-00615891000P

IIRC, it was on sale for just under $100.00 and I bought one for me and one for my father (his iron weights were packed away and just too much for him to deal with anymore). It's all at my house now so I now have a combined 160 lbs. of vinyl weights...

8 x 15 lbs., 4 x 10 lbs. = 160 lbs.

Plus an adjustable 30 lbs. max. dumbbell set.

Problem is that the original bar holds a max. of only 100 lbs., so I bought a new bar (the black one in my pic) that holds 120 lbs. (and to have a separate bar until I purchase a real curl bar). The bar itself is 10 lbs. (not a "real" 45 lbs. bar) and I'm currently bench pressing 120 lbs., 3 sets of 10 reps. For curls, military and the rest I'll make a note of it on my next workout.

<Timothy, USAFMTL and other gym rats are probably laughing their asses off right now!> biggrin

My shame isn't that I have weak upper body strength, my shame is that I haven't really progressed in a long time (I quit challenging myself with more weight and/or reps). In other words, I've become lazy with my workouts.

Besides the bars, I don't think my bench can safely hold much more weight than I'm using anyway. I would still recommended it for a starter set, especially if money is tight.

++++++++++

For our next anniversary (Jan. 9) or shortly after (once we clear some room) we're going to upgrade to an iron set (plus my father's weights), including individual dumbbells and a sturdier heavy-duty bench where I can comfortably widen my grip. She'll keep using the old set (she likes it).