Wife had her physical this morning, I didn't go because I'm not feeling 100% (head cold all weekend). Dr. said there was something going around and that she has a touch of it herself, so I guess we'll be taking cold meds for the next couple of days. She'll be getting full blood work numbers back this time (same as mine), makes for a little competition.

Her physical went fine as well (they let her weigh-in with jeans and boots - I'm the opposite, getting her to hold my wallet, watch, glasses, keys, etc. smile ), but she forgot to ask why blood is drawn the day of and not before our physicals, we'd like for them to change that. She asked about my numbers and he told her that my potassium is likely a little high due to my BP meds (Losartan Potassium, although it's been halved to 50mg) but it's not a concern, nor is my spiked triglycerides per past results as they fluctuate. However (and this is what I needed to hear), if I really wanted to improve my lipid (cholesterol) numbers, I'll have to finish loosing the weight and bump up my exercising (still slacking with cardio).

Our GP, Dr. Elkins, tells it like it is and we like that. He's fit himself (mid-to-late-40's, lean and wiry) and talks with us very candidly about our health and fitness. Because he has a similar ectomorphic body type, I think my wife is comfortable with him and can relate. Not that she minds when another physician asks about her weight/size (as did her breast surgeon recently), because they should be concerned as we put our health in their care. He then asked if she was still seeing her same GP, cardiologist and GYN. "At least once a year." That satisfied him.

My parents will be seeing our GP soon for the first time and I think he's going to like their attitude as well, especially my father (hates going to doctors but he does take good care of himself).

++++++++++

Getting back on [the] track, 5k's coming up...

BR Zoo: Aug. 26
St. Jude (downtown BR): Sep. 16
Alzheimer's (LSU): Oct. 21
Louisiana 5k (downtown BR): Jan. 13

We're determined, sealed with a handshake, that we're going to train and both finish the Jan. 13th race under 30 min., which for us would be incredible! We'll be numbered and chipped and will have both turned 50 (determines category). Maybe...just maybe, we can finish with a respectable enough time to be ranked (in our age group) somewhere on their website.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run