I wanted to make some post-NYC comments before taking a long cold-turkey offline break (for at least a couple of months, maybe more) to help me finish some things. Excessive online surfing (mostly YouTube) is my last time-consuming addiction to lick, and lick it I will...this time (that's confidence and NyQuil talking). smile

I literally walked the rest of my ass off in NYC! biggrin We walked a little over ~60 miles (~96.5 km) in 5 days, cold/rainy weather not permitting us to attempt 100 miles (also mild head cold relapse on last day). This included 14 hours covering the MET museum (a 3-day ticket) and also eating almost exclusively authentic Asian (mostly hot soups and teas) and exotic salads. We were also wearing backpacks (including bottled waters), tucked under our ponchos when raining.

I have pics of the MET, Grand Central Station, Central Park (Strawberry Fields/Imagine), NYC Public Library (incredible) and lots of other stuff we didn't get to on our first trip. Pics are tough to load and process right now (I'm just not good at Linux) but I'll be getting a Windows 10 laptop in the near future and will one day post a new complete thread for NYC trip #2.

Awesome trip (driving through the snowy mountains in a VW Beetle turbo). Awesome weight loss for me (wife already done and stable). I feel like I have new feet! Can't wait to go back and try for that 100 miles (making it a trilogy, next April 2020, hopefully a little warmer like NYC trip #1). Excessive walking and good healthy eating really work.

A few personal NYC pics I reduced to 1024x768 (taken last week, Mar. 10-14, 2019)...

EDIT: Second pic almost matches last year's pic...same restaurant (Korean), meal (seafood soup), pull-over sweater (underneath shirt is different) and close to the same table.

Attached Files NYC_1.JPGNYC_2.JPGNYC_3.JPGNYC_4.JPGNYC_5.JPG
Last edited by MarkG; 03/19/19 12:25 PM.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run