Originally Posted by MarkG
cichlidfan, you must feel really light on your feet. biggrin

Yup, you may not even be in the mood at first but once you get started, it quickly gets to feeling sooo good. With brisk walking, I start feeling this way after about a half mile, then I start really moving. By then I'm usually sucked into my tunes (I don't think I could walk and read like you do), oblivious to the world around me (why I love a walking/running track vs. sidewalks and streets).

I will certainly admit that being my size and build makes long walks easier. I probably get more of a workout keeping my dogs in line than I do from the walks with them.

I like music while I walk as well but I don't keep much on my phone and I have also found that the music alters my pace. When I read it is just a routine of left foot, right foot, repeat as needed and am able to keep my ears tuned into the surroundings which, so far, keeps me from getting hit by cars and and other potential mishaps.

I have only walked into an obstruction once. I keep glancing up to make sure I am not about to run into someone or something. I did three miles in snow covered sidewalks quite a while back and it was very distracting and greatly interfered with my enjoyment of the book. smile

Btw, most of my neighbors think I am nuts when they see me with my kindle in hand while walking down the sidewalk. I used to do it with actual paper and hardcover books. I love my Kindle.

Last edited by cichlidfan; 12/01/17 03:08 AM.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1