Well, it's come down to the drastic and dramatic. rolleyes

Wife and I had a real heart-to-heart last night. She's concerned that with my half-ass attitude, gung-ho one week and then slacking off the next two or three, that I'm not going to keep up with her in NYC this June. Considering our recent treks of Houston last June, downtown Baton Rouge last Sept., going back to WDW Orlando a couple or so years ago, she's probably right. She's been planing this vacation for years now, every detail of a 5 8-day foot-only tour of Manhattan, from the top of Central Park to the lower tip of the Financial District. I really don't want to fall behind and let her down. BTW, I get my one full day on the Intrepid. smile

It all started back in 2008 (age 40) with her bags packed (and she doesn't play). I told her I'd see a doctor immediately if she stayed (and none too soon). I also made a promise that evening (after being scared sh**less) that from now on, I'll go on all medical appointments she schedules, and I've kept my promise (if with a little grumbling and occasional attempts to postpone).

Now I'm making another promise for the first of the year, Sat. night at the strike of midnight...

She's quitting Facebook before it becomes a problem, while I'm also going completely offline and turning myself over for 6 months. I think it'll be like a sexy boot camp version of "Full Metal Jacket", except instead of training as a tough Marine, I'll be in yoga classes and yelled at by a ~105 lbs. woman! biggrin

That's ~6 months (~26 weeks or 181 days), she said I can come back July 1st and post all the pics and detailed posts I want, but give her 6 months and she'll finish knocking the weight/waist off of me. I'm kinda scared. eek

++++++++++

I'm not going to stress over it tonight, though. Shrimp fajitas, vodka shots, live 80's music and whatever comes after, everything an old man needs! biggrin

readytoeat bottles band bananadance