Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
Woohoo!
I got off of one of my two blood pressure pills with my checkup today. My BP is awesome and steady. I’ve had some flutters and lightheadedness during and after workouts that he said is a sign the diuretic needs to go. No longer needed! That means fewer side effects: I won’t be losing potassium, so better recovery from workouts and lower insulin that may make it easier to lose fat. If things keep going well, maybe I can get off of the other pill.
I’m anxious to see my blood test results, but I expect just good news like last time.

I'm hoping to get fit enough that eventually, I'll get off the beta blocker and maybe even the blood thinner. I was on Atorvastatin for cholesterol but that crap made me so ill I could barely function - another motivating factor to get fit. Anyway, I made an executive decision and stopped taking the statin. In the meantime, my doc recommended an OTC called Red Yeast Rice (comes in a capsule). Well, it's just my luck that this stuff is known to have some of the same side-effects as statins and sure enough it makes me ill, too. Hopefully, my exercise and adjusted diet of almost no junk will keep the cholesterol down (unless genetics is working against me). smile

The issue is not p*ssy. The issue is monkey.