Adding to my previous list of what I learned the past 3 weeks...

5. Moderate exercise doesn't balance out a poor diet. If I were younger then maybe it would, but then my diet recently wasn't just poor, it was debauchery.

6. It's easy to crawl back onto the wagon if you don't wait too long, two days now and we're right back on track. And like I suspected, a good bit of our recent weight gain was just being bloated from all the eating out, it's coming off quickly.

BTW, we're not going to weigh ourselves too often, but my parents have a real scale, a genuine old-fashion doctor's scale with the sliding weights. It's very accurate, very consistent and brutally unforgiving. We'll use it every so often.

++++++++++

We have a show tonight at LSU and plan to do lots of walking before and after. It won't really bother me until tomorrow but I'll probably have to stay off my feet for most of Saturday, and even on Sunday I'll walk with a serious limp. It's usually much better by Monday (I can go walking on Monday evenings) and gone by Tuesday. Caused by years of acute gout attacks, Plantar Fasciitis and heal spurs, but the severity and recovery period is directly related to my weight, even more so than my fitness. I can't imagine how my feet would feel if I were my brother's weight, being so light on his feet. I can't imagine my wife ever having foot issues either, although she doesn't wear any of her new boots when we're doing a lot of walking (she made that mistake once). Of all the reasons to want to become as light as possible, including getting that spring reattached to my ass to pop me out of bed in the morning, I want my ultra flat feet to feel better.

Of all the pics of myself on SimHQ, my lightest is on the "Placing a face with a name" thread (first post). That pic (2009) updated a fat pic that I started the thread with, and I plan to update it again when I finally surpass that weight. That was on my last cruise, I actually saw the 170's on the ship's digital scale (179.8 lbs. [81.6 kg]). We were running every morning on the ship's track and man did I feel so light on my feet then! I can't wait to get that back.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run