IMO, a weekly weigh-in is a good reference of progress (bi-monthly even better), especially if you have a ways to go. I haven't messed with any body fat measuring tools yet, and I keep forgetting to ask my GP about it (he may do it and I'm sure it would be more accurate). But clothes are the way go, IMO, especially a pair of non-stretchable jeans and t-shirt of appropriate size, tells you all that you need to know. The clothes I wore to the Kansas concert Sat. evening, I've never been able to wear before (purchased last Dec. in Atlanta), so I know I'm going in the right direction.

I was looking over my calendar at lunch, music dates are about to become sparse (nothing between Sept. 8 - Dec. 30, unless something new pops up). So I'm repeating 2015 with tickets for LSU's homecoming Sept. 30th against the Troy Trojans (whoever that is). The cheapest nosebleed seats, guaranteed to burn calf muscles just walking the steps to the top of that stinking stadium, not to mention all the walking to-and-from the stadium and around campus before the game. I don't give two flips about college football, but I remember my legs feeling like Jell-O after the last time we went. smile

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run