Quick update...

5k on the 9th went well, but we only walked it (took 55 min. but in a dense crowd). The good news is that, while my knee/hamstring won't allow me to jog right now (I can, but it doesn't feel 100%), I had no problem going up and down the 5-story parking garage stairs (although I did have to slightly angle my body with each step).

In 10 days I'll be leaving for a 10-day NYC road trip (5 days in Manhattan) to finish last year's trip, as 2.5 days were lost to kidney stones. I don't know if I'll be able to cover 100 miles of Manhattan on foot in 5 days like I want. My walking training is being disrupted right now by a bad head cold, although my weight is also dipping from being on soups which always helps with foot endurance (the rare times I'm under 180 lbs. [81.6 kg] my feet feel indestructible). Weight means everything with my feet.

Right now I'm doing good just to stay out of obesity (close to the 200 lbs. [90.7 kg] mark) and that's even more important now as my health insurance (through wife's company) will be taking BMI into consideration as of Jan. 1, 2020, affecting cost and benefits. I don't agree that BMI should affect insurance premiums and coverage unless other factors are taken into consideration and each person who wants can be considered individually. I'm not sure how that's going to work yet.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run