Yeah, some of you guys are really slim!

Of course it depends too on your frame. If you're small framed you can be slim but still have a reasonable amount of body fat, even if you're at the lower end of your normal BMI range. You can usually tell by your wrist measurement (ankles as well) because it's one the least fatty parts of your body. So unless you're morbidly obese, you shouldn't have any fat on your wrist regardless if you're overweight or even moderately obese.

Check it: Take your thumb and middle finger and wrap it around the smallest part of your wrist. If your fingers just touch (as do mine), you have a medium frame. If you can't touch your fingers you have a larger frame and if they overlap you have a smaller frame (if they touch past the knuckles you have a *tiny* frame).

So take your frame size and conclude about what your BMI should be (unless you're really muscular, possibly other exceptions). I should be no more than around 160 lbs. (70.5 kg) and I can verify this just by looking at my brother who has a similar frame and height.

++++++++++

If I can make it to the new year inside obesity (203 lbs./92 kg - 5'-9"/243.84 cm) I'll be happy, I haven't done so great this month. In addition to overeating, I really need to keep my alcohol consumption in check, I can get a little carried away this time of year (although I sometimes go weeks and even months without a drink, it's usually for an occasion).

2016 is going to be THE year, I have no doubt!

EDIT: On the wrist check, my fingers do overlap a little (to the nails) so I guess my frame is somewhere between small and medium.

Last edited by MarkG; 12/28/15 04:36 PM.